About the job
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path toward becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live, and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy, and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k, and privileges like space-available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
Our Corporate Communications team brings our uniquely United story to life with the public, our customers and our employees, across the world. From internal communications and newsletters to public and media relations campaigns, and social media strategy, we’re sharing our story with the world in a way that’s clear, consistent, and inspiring.
Job Overview And Responsibilities
The position will lead, plan, and implement research leveraging qualitative and quantitative methods. The insights from the research will help product/design/content/development teams and stakeholders make informed choices about product features, content strategy, user experience, and design, to deliver compelling and optimized experiences for United’s internal and external audiences. This is a Chicago-based, hybrid position that will require in-office work, twice per week on average.
- Design and execute research leveraging moderated/unmoderated usability tests, tree tests, card sorts, focus groups, surveys, A/B testing, and product analytics
- Clean and analyze data from various sources (e.g., Google Analytics, Salesforce, Quantum, surveys, etc.)
- Perform statistical data analysis and reporting using tools (e.g., Foundry, PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, Advanced Excel, etc.)
- Collaborate with product, design, content, development, and stakeholder teams, to establish objectives, KPIs, research goals/methods, prioritization, and findings and recommendations
- Communicate findings to working teams and leadership via regular updates and dashboards
United values diverse experiences, and perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant work experience
- Data science, HCI, psychology, cognitive science, or related field
- Qualitative and quantitative research – recruitment, execution, statistical analysis, data cleaning, reporting
- Data analysis/reporting tools such as Foundry, PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire, Advanced Excel
- Digital product design/development or service design
- Usability testing software/platforms such as Optimal Workshop, LookBack, UserTesting.com, UserZoom
- Google Analytics experience
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Easily adapt to new information, curious and motivated to learn
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master’s degree
- Design Thinking and other Design frameworks
- Agile software development and research techniques
- Experience working with R, SQL, Python
- Experience with InVision/Freehand
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit careers.united.com.