Foundational Models have unlocked unprecedented potential. Machine Learning increasingly powers a majority of the experiences around us. However, taking ML applications from demo to production application continues to be a very difficult process.
Maintaining high data quality, experimenting with and evaluating LLM models are complex and incredibly manual processes, leading to significant model mispredictions and hallucinations across industry applications. We have faced this first-hand while leading product and engineering teams at Google AI, Google Speech ML, Uber AI and Apple Siri over the past decade.
At Galileo, we leverage (and contribute to) the latest ML research to build the next generation ML data stack and empower millions of ML developers in ensuring high quality ML data at scale.
We’re well funded by top-tier investors, are building for the long term in a fast-growing market and our team is expanding rapidly.
About this opportunity
Galileo instantly seeks to build the best ML toolkit for data scientists and developers. Galileo brings data transparency to ML developers by ‘lighting up’ ML data – doing this successfully requires very thoughtful user experience at the core.
This is an exciting opportunity to join as the founding UX designer at Galileo, where you will be working alongside leading industry / academic veterans in a critical role to design, build, and scale our products and team.
We’re looking for an exceptional UX Designer interested in creating a first of its kind interaction for complex problems at the intersection of Data and ML.
Ideally you have:
- A startup mindset, biasing towards thoughtful action with minimal direction
- 4-5 years of experience building UX for enterprise data/ML products
- The ability to deliver on all aspects of UI/UX design, from strategy to execution
- Excellence in design craft, including high proficiency with Figma
- Experience gathering and understanding user needs, business goals, and technology requirements and translating these into design decisions
- Direct experience leading and/or establishing scalable design systems
- A ‘systems-mindset’ – you can see how all the parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the system over time
- High motivation to design innovative solutions that create step-function improvements
- Excitement for the chance to shape the design culture at a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective
We have an office in San Francisco, but have team members across the US. The ideal candidate would be located in the Bay Area and is able to come into the office 1-3 times a week.
Come join us!
Galileo was founded in May 2021 by product and engineering leaders from Google AI, Google Speech ML, Uber AI and Apple Siri. We’re backed by top tier investors such as Battery Ventures and Walden Catalyst with over $23M in funding.
You will be at the forefront of technology with a product that sets the new standard for the ML workflow with state-of-the-art data centric research
This is an opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has previously led product and engineering teams from 0 to $100M+ in revenue and from 0 to 1B+ users globally.
We invest in our team’s development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers – towards that end, we offer:
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- Best in class medical, vision and dental insurance
- Annual wellness allowance for your mental or physical wellness needs
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 8 weeks
To apply for this job please visit galileo.rippling-ats.com.