About the job
Join The Team Redefining How The World Experiences Design.
Hey, g’day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you’re probably keen to find out what’s on offer, so we’ll get straight to the point.
Where And How You Can Work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you’re near one), at home or a bit of both, it’s up to you.
What You’d Be Doing In This Role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that’s all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you’ll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.You will use both your creative and technical skills to help us identify and implement novel ways to engage and delight our users. You will lead design efforts from ideation, experimentation, to scalable solutions that drive higher engagement and virality. Your role will be to identify gaps in the user journey, evolve our design system and visual language for email and in-app channels. You will partner with your team to identify possible experiments to drive better experience and increase overall revenue.
Discovery – Contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc.. and help define the problem and solutions.Definition – Translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
Visual design – Design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, banners, graphics, UI, motion & interactive designs, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design.
Implementation – Work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
Iteration – Iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
Design at scale – keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
Goals That You’ll Achieve
- Get familiar with the mission of your team, their goals, structure and the people. You will be meeting them and understanding their roles and how you can collaborate and partner with them to achieve those targets.
- Review the flow of how Canva customers are receiving communications from your team. What are the trigger points and how you can contribute to optimizing and improving the existing flows.
- Learn the landscape of Canva’s email and in-app message design system, understand the different types of emails and platforms we use to create and send them to our customers.
- Produce a range of digital assets including, wireframes, concepts, visual assets, prototypes, and handover documentation.
- Seek opportunities from users and team feedback to improve email and in-app message designs, layouts, and messaging.
- Ensuring consistency on all notifications and messaging that we are using the right channel at the right time.
- Work with PMMs, Marketing teams, and engineering to launch comms for new products, features, and campaigns.
- Find effective ways to automate processes when possible, while delighting our customers in every comms we send out.
- Constantly reviewing and maintaining the email components while creating new and engaging modules, playbooks, and components used by other designers within the team.
The Skills & Experience That We Are Looking For
- You are a designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies.
- You have 6+ years of experience in digital UX design with an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your skills in designing email and in-app components, with a strong understanding of user behavior, and how to drive repeat visitorship.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels (SEO, SEM, Social etc..) and are able to provide holistic, consistent and performant solutions.
- You shine through your designs, creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user experience.
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You have some motion design experience in the past, with the ability to tell a story – be it prototyping or vector animation
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
- Comfortable with chaos. You can find solutions even without perfect precedents or direction, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss.
About The Group You’ll Be Joining
You will be joining the lifecycle group where you will contribute to our team mission to educate, inspire and delight users, ensuring they get the most value out of Canva, while driving sustainable growth & revenue through automation and optimisation.
Our group’s mission to create value for our community through personalised, memorable and magical experiences. We support the messaging experience for our 75m (and growing) global community across multiple platforms and devices. We drive MAU growth by uplifting engagement through lead nurturing and email marketing strategy. The person in this role will develop a visual identity for engagement concepts such as progress trackers, rich media experiences, design challenges and more that will enhance the Canva experience through messaging and provide delightful customer experiences.
You will be part of a Digital Design specialty (currently there are about 15 Digital Designers embedded into different groups). Digital Design is a multi-disciplinary team with UX/UI designers, visual designers, motion designers, and creative technologists with a focus on designing digital experiences.
Digital design plays a critical role at the crossroads of Brand, Marketing, and Product. We have millions of people visiting our landing pages every day and you will be responsible for making sure this first interaction with our brand is memorable by building creative, user-friendly, and on-brand digital experiences that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design. It is an incredible opportunity to help increase our brand awareness and also has a direct impact on our MAUs and ARR company goals.
Working in cross-functional teams you will help bring these designs to life from start to finish. Creating, managing, and producing digital design solutions for a variety of uses such as landing pages, websites, product graphics, email templates, brand campaigns etc….
Check out some of the amazing works of our Digital Design team below 👇https://www.canva.com/design/DAFUgB1UKwM/KzBZXSJc7YD2iP5oYlLNkw/watch?utm_content=DAFUgB1UKwM&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink
What’s in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard – and we do – but you’ll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here’s a Taste Of What’s On Offer
- Equity packages – we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other Stuff To Know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.