About the job
This is a hybrid role based out of our Boston or Toronto office.
Who We Are
Wayfair is the leading online retailer of furniture & décor. You would be joining the Experience Design team in the foundational stages of our journey to build a next-generation platform for 12,000+ supplier partners to deliver great products to our customers. Your work will impact thousands of suppliers, and in turn, millions of customers.
Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who work together with product managers, engineers, and analysts to define problems and solutions in a cross-functional, agile way.
What You’ll Do
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible workstream that drives significant impact and build products that solve real supplier needs. You’re gifted in both UX and UI design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategies to drive product priorities.
You will work closely with cross-functional teams and business partners in building an efficient, transparent, smart platform for suppliers to handle strategic planning and day-to-day operations.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build robust and seamless user experiences for complex B2B products with multiple workflows, data views, dashboards, and statuses
- Be an equal partner to other functions in defining product vision and architecting roadmaps for their scope, and effectively evaluating trade offs based on business, end-user, technical, and internal partner needs and objectives
- Bring a deep understanding of human-centered to the day-to-day work of solution discovery, design execution, and design operations management
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to drive and execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Align with multiple teams to create cross-functional, user-centric design solutions that are scalable, reusable, and achievable within our technology standards
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside their teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of UX/UI hands-on experience—a big plus if you have experience in e-commerce and B2B platforms.
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Expertise in understanding user goals, business requirements, and producing the right design deliverable to communicate ideas, insights, scope, relationships, interactions, etc.
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment.
- Knowledgeable about the different research tools and techniques with how to apply them at the right moment of the product life cycle
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills: excellent at storytelling, presenting and articulating ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs, balancing/negotiation of priorities with collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups and diverse audiences
- Strong skills in modern design and virtual collaboration tools like Figma, Miro, and Creative Suite
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
Assistance For Individuals With Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.wayfair.com.