Transportation & Recipient Experience (TRX) is the multidisciplinary design studio responsible for envisioning and delivering end-to-end, customer-focused solutions across the ecosystem of products that power Amazon’s global Transportation, Shipping, and Seller Services.
Key job responsibilities
– Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, responsive web, and person-to-person interactions.
– Lead the design for improvements of existing experiences and wholly new experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future iterations.
– Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
– Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context the inputs that influenced the design decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
– Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, interaction flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
– Deliver work that’s user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, and also produces results.
– Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
– Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
– Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
– Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
– Contribute to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
A day in the life
As a UX Designer, you will work closely with a team of UX designers, researchers, product managers, and developers to gather insights about customers and apply your expert information architecture and interaction design skills to the needs and problems you uncover. You will tackle the most significant challenges, generating and evaluating concepts, detailing solutions, and tracking improvements to customer experience and business health. You will be connect with, grow from, and contribute to others in the TRX team.
About the team
Our designers are often as concerned with operational processes and physical interaction as we are digital interfaces. This is one of the key differentiators for TRX within Amazon. Our designers collaborate with product managers, developers, researchers, executives, and our internal design and development system to invent world-class products.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA | Minneapolis, MN, USA
– 3+ years of design experience
– 3+ years of delivering design solutions as a UX designer or interaction designer experience
– Have an available online portfolio
– Experience acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps
– Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
– Experience using design systems with design tools such as Figma in a fast-paced environment using UX to help define requirements and concepts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $184,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.