About the job
About This RoleAs our Mobile Product Designer, you will partner with a Product Lead, an Engineering Lead, and a team of developers (we call this a “Squad”) to design and deliver mobile experiences that support our mission to help people experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to Jesus.You will participate in discovery activities that help your Squad understand the needs of our audience, and you will develop concepts and prototypes for products and features that address those needs. You’ll move product ideas from loose concepts, to testable prototypes, to high-fidelity assets for developer handoff.
In all your work, you will bring your skills and experience to help further our mission of helping people experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to JesusWhat You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinate interviews, surveys, and other interactions with audience members
- Use audience insights to design prototypes of new product features and ideas
- Share prototypes internally and with external audience members for feedback
- Deliver well-organized design assets to engineers
- Build on existing mobile designs to continuously improve the user experience
- Proactively communicate with your Squad to problem-solve and ideate
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years digital product design experience
- A digital portfolio that includes mobile design examples, including process, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Familiarity and experience with mobile design patterns for Android and iOS
- Skilled using modern design tools (e.g., Figma) to produce wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration between design, product, engineering, data science, and marketing to develop successful strategies and decisions
Portland, Oregon, Founded in 2014
BibleProject is a nonprofit, crowdfunded organization that produces 100% free Bible videos, podcasts, blogs, classes, and educational Bible resources. Our mission is to help people experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to Jesus.
We are rapidly growing in the area of multimedia technology. What began with two animated videos now encompasses multiple platforms and products—including over 160 videos. Our website and app serve as connection hubs to our ever-growing library of resources. Classroom, our online learning platform, offers accessible, graduate-level Bible classes.
These, and all of our supporting products, continue to be completely free to audiences around the world, thanks to the ongoing generosity of our patrons.
Location: This role must be performed within the United States. Occasional travel to Portland, Oregon.
Beginning: August 2023
Reporting to: Nathan Sinsabaugh, Product Design Manager
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is $84,000 – $110,000 based on experience directly related to this role.
- Competitive salary that scales with experience directly related to this role. Top tier in the non-profit market but will not match technology companies
- Medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance for employees and families with premiums covered 100% by BibleProject
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- 160 hours of PTO annually*
- 80 hours of vacation time available on your first day.
- Paid personal time that accrues weekly (80 hours accrued annually
- Paid parental leave
- Paid learning stipend
- A culture focused on belonging and thriving
BibleProject is an equal-opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit bibleproject.rippling-ats.com.