About the job
Encord is a fast-growing startup building an active learning platform for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI. We have raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a product designer to accelerate our efforts to design and build solutions enabling the next generation of computer vision application development. You’ll interact directly with our customers to understand their needs and work directly with our engineering, product and management to quickly prototype, iterate and release best-in-class solutions to novel problems in this rapidly growing space. Opportunities for challenge, responsibility, growth, and fun abound. Your work will encompass the following:
– Collaborate closely with other designers, product managers, engineering, and customer support teams.
– Rapidly create and iterate on wireframes, interactive prototypes, and visual designs to effectively communicate design concepts and interactions.
– Conduct user research, gather feedback, and extract valuable insights to guide design decisions.
– Develop and maintain design guidelines, style guides, and pattern libraries to ensure consistent user experiences across products and platforms.
– Champion the needs and preferences of our users throughout the design process, effectively communicating and justifying design decisions to stakeholders.
– Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to understand technical considerations and design solutions accordingly.
– A multidisciplinary product designer with 2-5 years of experience in digital design, UI/UX and designing systems.
– A strong portfolio showcasing diverse design work, including wireframes and interactive prototypes alongside design rationales.
– Proven experience in building elegant and functional public-facing websites that perform well across popular browsers.
– Fluent proficiency in industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
– Solid understanding of design principles, UX principles, information architecture, and interaction design.
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a track record of working effectively in cross-functional teams.
– Enjoy problem-solving and working creatively whilst critically.
– Rapidly design and iterate quickly based on insights and feedback.
What We Offer
– Competitive salary and equity in a hyper growth business
– 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays
– Other benefits include private health insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more!
– Fast paced learning through direct hands on experience
– Office located in the heart of Soho with frequent social events.
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation and equity options in the business for the right candidate.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.