- Join us and level the playing field for people with a disability
- Join one of Australia’s fastest growing tech companies
- Certified ‘Great Place To Work’
We’re Hireup, where purpose meets technology.
Hello, nice to meet you! We’re an online platform and community for people with disability and their families, anywhere in Australia, to find, hire and manage local support workers who fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support with personal care, getting to work or catching a footy game, we give individuals the tools and technology to pursue a good life on their own terms – a life of choice, independence and control.
At Hireup, you’ll become a critical part of an exciting team, championing this purpose for people with a disability. Wherever you fit best within our organisation, from tech to support and everything else in between, this purpose will ignite you, and our united, grounded and autonomous workplace will help you flourish.
And what does this look like for you? A life at Hireup is genuinely fulfilling. Here you’re free to explore your potential, experiment and grow, knowing you have the support of an established, investor-backed organisation in a culture defined by empathy, unity, equality and authenticity. We’re also growing across Australia’s major cities and proud to offer flexibility in how and where you do your best work – whether office-based, hybrid or fully remote.
Your role – Product Designer
As a Product Designer at Hireup, you’ll be an integral part of the design team. Your days will be full of working directly with a cross-functional team to discover and deliver on pieces of work to help us achieve our goals. So, what does this look like?
- Working daily in discovery and design, with engineers and product managers, in a cross-functional product team
- Often working in undefined, or complex problem areas and designing product solutions from concept to delivery
- Using design-thinking frameworks and toolkits, and a hypothesis-based approach
- Designing holistic product experiences with big picture strategy in mind
- Driving alignment via design facilitation (presenting to stakeholders, facilitating workshops, running ideation sessions)
- Working directly with our users to understand their journeys, problem spaces, as well as to test and validate solutions
- Synthesising feedback and insights into a rich understanding of our user needs
- Monitoring and influencing key metrics
- Strong experience and expertise in visual design, interaction design, prototyping, and delivery working with cross functional teams
- Comfortable and experienced in designing for both web applications and native apps
- Experience in research, user testing, synthesis, and clearly articulating actionable insights
Who is curious
- Ready to dive into the Australian disability sector and community (if you aren’t already experienced!) to build a deep understanding of our work and users
- Stays close to both business and team key metrics, seeking to understand the drivers
- Cares deeply about our users, their journeys, and needs and actively represents their voice
- Explores all design possibilities and embraces an experimental mindset
- Communicates with empathy and clarity
- Openly gives and receives feedback, and coaches others to as well
- Works effectively with cross functional teams, tightly partnering PMs and EMs
- Shares work and thinking early and often
And a connector
- Quickly hones in on solutions after divergent exploration
- Knows how to balance user needs and business goals
- Champions the power and value of design across the business
- Able to look at the bigger picture whilst also being detail oriented
- Flexible work environment to balance the needs of your role, home and family life
- Generous leave options including 12 weeks paid parental leave and 7 additional days to help you pursue your ‘good life’ and learning goals
- Allowances to support you in your work set up and professional development
- Wellbeing programs, health and fitness discounts to help you stay happy and healthy at work
Join us and level the playing field for people with disability.
Apply now through the button below with your CV and portfolio attached. If you have any questions please contact Amy Nguyen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
People with lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
If there are reasonable adjustments we can make to a recruitment process, role or your work environment to help you shine or you have a preferred method of contact, just let us know via the contact above.
To apply for this job please visit apply.jobadder.com.