Captions is the AI-powered creative studio. Millions of creators around the world have used Captions to make their video content stand out from the pack and we’re on a mission to empower the next billion.
Based in NYC, we are a team of ambitious, experienced, and devoted engineers, designers, and marketers. You’ll be joining an early team where you’ll have an outsized impact on both the product and company’s culture.
We’re very fortunate to have some of the best investors and entrepreneurs backing us, including Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Uncommon Projects, Kevin Systrom, Mike Krieger, Antoine Martin, Julie Zhuo, Ben Rubin, Jaren Glover, SVAngel, 20VC, Ludlow Ventures, Chapter One, Lenny Rachitsky, and more.
** Please note that all of our roles will require you to be in-person at our NYC HQ (located in Soho) **
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers and other designers, to ensure a cohesive and seamless experience.
- Conduct and analyze user research to inform design decisions and identify user needs.
- Maintain a design system that ensures consistency across all product touchpoints.
- Develop wireframes, user flows, and high-fidelity mockups that effectively communicate design concepts and solutions to stakeholders.
- Continuously iterate on designs based on feedback from users, stakeholders, and team members.
- Stay up to date on design trends and emerging technologies to continuously improve the product design.
- Manage multiple design projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality work.
- Communicate design decisions and rationale effectively to stakeholders and the broader organization.
- Act as a strong advocate for the user, championing their needs and desires throughout the product development process.
- Proven experience in product design, with a focus on designing user-centered products and experiences, ideally native desktop apps (MacOS, Windows, etc).
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of design work, from ideation to final product delivery.
- Proficient in industry-standard design tools, including Figma.
- Experience developing and implementing design systems that promote consistency and efficiency.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and other designers.
- Ability to lead design initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and rationale to stakeholders and the broader organization.
- A strong understanding of technical underpinnings of software
- Knowledge of emerging design trends and technologies, and a desire to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, with the ability to adapt and pivot quickly to changing requirements and priorities.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Anything you need to do your best work
- We’ve done team off-sites to places like Paris, London, Park City, Los Angeles, and Nashville with more planned in the future.
Captions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ashbyhq.com.