We’re Charlie and we exist to Make Work Better. We believe the best way to do this is by building a tool that democratises great HR for small businesses. We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our product design team to help us build great HR software for small business. Come and join us to Make Work Better!
We have a career progression framework at Charlie. Level One is a Junior Product Designer, Level Four is a Senior Product Designer, and Levels Two and Three cover that middle area that is usually just called “Product Designer”.
Working closely with a cross-functional team day-to-day:
- Collaborating with product managers and product developers to deliver meaningful impact to our customers and the business across the full life cycle
- Researching and understanding the problem space for our users and customers
- Implementing methods or tools to achieve the right outcomes in the right situations
- Turning research insights into solution concepts in collaboration with your team
- Communicating your ideas and plans to the team in an engaging way
- Working with your team to improve and deliver solutions to our customers
- Pushing the boundaries of how good our UX can be by measuring its performance and impact
Working with other product designers:
- Sharing the right amount of context with other product designers so they can give you valuable feedback on your work
- Giving actionable feedback to product designers on other teams
- Actively participate in building and delivering the Design Strategy for the next few years
- Inspire the product design function and help implement new ideas and processes
Understanding business context
- Being a user advocate across the whole business
- Delivering business impact at the heart of everything you do
- Feeding into product and business decisions
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Designer in a SaaS or B2B setting
- Experience leading user research sessions and extracting actionable insights
- Experience making design decisions based on data and customer insights
- Experience working with a cross-functional team and other stakeholders
- A strong appetite for measuring the impact of your work and that of your cross-functional team
- A problem solver mindset bringing together customer value and business results
- An eye for design details and experience using a design system to produce high quality solutions
- Strategic thinking about our product and our vision
- Self-awareness and humility; you know that honest feedback is how you grow and you’re not afraid to ask for help
- Understanding of Job-to-be-done research
- Experience working with a Product Marketing team
- Built or maintained a high quality design system
- An eye for UX Copywriting
We will still consider applications even if you don’t meet every single one of the above requirements, so don’t be put off if you don’t match them absolutely perfectly!
This is a full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.
How we’re crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of 42 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights; our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 6 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable “nomad working” days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London’s pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London and LA locations.
- “Exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- We have review cycles 2x a year using our transparent career progression framework, and dedicated personal development time
You can find out more about the way we work at Charlie by checking out our Handbook here.
- A benchmarked salary from £50,500 – £55,500, based on your level within our progression framework
- £750 yearly Work Your Way budget (to put toward things like travel to London for company events, getting your home office setup and your L&D)
- £300 yearly nomad working budget (£200 of this can be used toward cost of living each year)
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Private Health Insurance through Vitality
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- A sabbatical of up to one month paid at 50% of salary, for every 3.5 years worked at Charlie.
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.