Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit continues to grow our teams with the best talent. We’re completely remote-friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. Learn more about how we’re evolving Reddit’s workforce here.
Our mission is to create brand-new products and business models that improve the community, belonging, and empowerment on Reddit. We believe the Internet was meant to be a frontier — a land of possibility, freedom, and creativity. We want to put people back in control. What really unifies the X team is a singular focus on driving 10x impact on some of Reddit’s most important opportunities. We do this by being bold, working together across functions within the X team, and partnering with teams across Reddit. One team, one dream!
Are you a talented and creative UX/UI designer passionate about creating intuitive and engaging user experiences? Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments, and are you excited by the challenge of helping to build and shape the direction of the future in web3, digital collectibles, and blockchain technology?
In Design, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, and product partners, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product experience. We are inspired by design and driven to create the best user experience.
What You’ll Do
- You will introduce innovation into every project, thinking of new ways to create unique designs that have meaningful impacts on users.
- Provide strategic thinking across diverse products on the platform.
- Build relationships with team members and cross-functional partners to implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Bring a deep expertise in Design (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research).
- Think big, framing designs in the context of the broader customer experience, and are equally comfortable diving deep into the details.
- Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity.
- Identify product features and influence business strategy based on an accurate understanding of the needs and expectations of our users, customers, and partners.
Who You Might Be
- 8+ years of work experience
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile and web.
- A role model, mentor, and motivator of other designers: You are invested in growing people, developing talent, and creating an environment designers are proud to be part of.
- A data-focused decision-maker who can prioritize effectively.
- A problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information.
- Strong communication skills as the position requires working closely with engineering, product, and presenting to executive sponsors.
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you’re always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user.
- Deep knowledge + ability to show strong visual and communication design principles.
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes
- Experience in web3, crypto, digital collectibles and blockchain is a plus! (not required)
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 – $275,300.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.