About the job
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok’s purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy – a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That’s how we drive impact – for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
TikTok Shop is an innovative e-commerce solution which enables merchants, brands and creators to sell products directly on TikTok and leverage its discovery power to reach an audience of over 1 billion people each month. Being part of the TikTok Shop Design team member here, you will be able to utilize qualitative/quantitative studies to collect user feedback, create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers, and work cross-functionally with design, product, and marketing teams to meet the business needs.
– Own every aspect of a product’s design, from solving the core user challenge to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI
– Before designing anything, gain a deep understanding of core problems we are solving and all the user goals
– Create and test rough prototypes early in the design process to create confidence in a solution
– Design high-fidelity UI and UX specs to clearly communicate requirements to your team’s engineers
– Help make high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
– Contribute your design thinking skills to other areas of the platform (Research, Marketing, Product Education, Customer Success, etc.)
– Mentor by heart, willing to share and support junior or mid-level designers
– Experience with designing and shipping an end-to-end product with complicated flows, multiple scenarios and edge cases
– Must have experience in ad, monetization applications or monetization use cases
– Minimum of 5+ years of product design experience for cross-platform web and mobile applications
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience
– Proven ability to empathize with and build solutions for users
– Ability to provide design variations and rationalize your design choices
– Ability to organize and communicate your thoughts and motivations with different audiences
– A keen eye for visual UI details
– Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
– Self-motivated and able to efficiently run a project without close supervision
– Willing to adapt and contribute to design system
– Work closely with your engineers to build components that seamlessly fit into a larger component library/style guide
– Love to discuss design in group settings; participate in design critiques and reviews
– Experience or interest in data visualization
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit careers.tiktok.com.