About the job
Our ever-evolving suite of fitness and Health features in iPhone and Watch are helping our users live more active, healthier lives. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same dedication to innovation also applies to our business practices – strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. If you care deeply about impacting user health in meaningful ways, we’d love to talk with you.
Apple is looking for a User Experience Designer with experience in health to join our cross-functional team, contributing to the development of innovative, user-centered and clinically sound features and products for our initiatives. This role focuses on distilling clinical needs into understandable and approachable patterns, and systems that enhance the user experience while ensuring adherence to clinical guidelines.
6+ years of proven experience in experience design or design strategy.
Experience in the health field such as health product design, clinical work, public health, health education, or health program design.
Experience facilitating brainstorming sessions and generating innovative ideas and concepts.
Excellent collaboration skills and comfortably partnering with cross-functional teams.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
• Systems Design: Distill sophisticated clinical concepts into approachable experience frameworks that align with business objectives, user needs, and clinical guidelines, enhancing the user experience of Apple’s health-focused products and services.
• Defining Needs and Possible Solutions: Collaborate with multi-functional teams to translate clinical needs into user-friendly solutions, define product requirements and design innovative clinical systems that meet the needs of diverse user groups.
• Synthesize: Work closely with clinicians to understand clinical conditions, interventions, and populations to deliver the core clinical concepts or a clinical point of view for a particular feature/product.
• Idea generation and concept development: Facilitate brainstorming sessions and employ creative techniques to generate a diverse range of innovative ideas and concepts, addressing user needs and market opportunities in the clinical health domain.
• Visualize Ideas: Wireframe, and prototype when needed to assist in crafting clinically sound features and products that address user-centered needs and behaviors.
• Advocating for users and clinical efficacy: Act as the voice of the user and the clinical domain in the design process, ensuring that our final products are efficacious, useful, usable, and desirable for everyday users.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in design or health-related field
• Strong user advocacy and understanding of user-centered design principles.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to present design concepts and strategies clearly.
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $170,700 and $256,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.