The Major League Baseball Games and VR Group designs, develops, and manages a portfolio of high-quality products including console and mobile games, real-time data visualization, VR/AR experiences, and more.Our mission is to innovate the next generation of interactive entertainment for baseball fans everywhere. We pay close attention to the trends shaping sports while constantly raising the quality bar with everything we do. Our team works with some of baseball’s most advanced technologies to reinvent fan experiences for video games, next-gen products, Jewel Events, and activations at ballparks around the world.
We’re looking for a full-time UX/UI Designer.
The ideal candidate will build cross-product, cross-platform experiences with a bias towards prototype, iteration, and thoughtful user-centric interactions. You’re equally comfortable defining and building from the smallest of mobile screens to emerging experiences. You’re a pro at synthesizing user research, gathering requirements, innovating solutions, and creating high fidelity concepts. Above all, you’ve got a curiosity for what’s next, and an eye towards what the best looks like in Video Games and more.
- Use prototype and iteration to inform final visual design.
- Establish visual identity with a focus on games, VR, and emerging experiences.
- Ensure that the end-user has a seamless, high quality and intuitive user interface across all target platforms.
- Champion cohesive design consistency with an eye towards highly polished experiences.
- Use different visual aesthetics for different products and know how to leverage a specific style for a target audience.
- Work with the project leads and team to define, refine and scope requirements.
- Work closely on concepts and production until usability requirements are met.
- 5+ years of experience designing gaming and emerging media products.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual creativity with many examples that fit within the constraints of a design system.
- Have demonstrated experience using quantitative and qualitative insights to inform design decisions.
- Proficiency in standard graphic media applications, such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of secondary visual media applications, After Effects, 3D packages, and Unity
- Must be concept driven and able to come up with multiple solid ideas, pitch them, absorb feedback, and then see them through production
- Prototype experience with Unity3D including UI tools.
Bonus Skills And Experience
- Development experience in the video game industry on Console or Mobile products including one shipped title as UI Artist or similar.
- Have a bias towards action with a show, don’t tell approach. Build consensus through prototypes and demo.
- Formal education in Graphic Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI, or equivalent experience
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Major League Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $110,000 to $130,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
To apply for this job please visit www.mlb.com.